For these Ramen, the garlic is slowly fried in oil till its gold brown en deep in flavour. Afterwards it will together with the miso, fermented chili-bean paste, sesame-paste and vinegar be mixed as thick sauce, which will serve as taste maker for the neutral chicken stock. A perfect combination with the noodles. With this recipe, chicken will be added as topping.
- Boil water with salt for the noodles. Warm up the stock in a seperate pan.
- Warm up four bowls with hot water. This will let the noodles and stock be warmer for a longer period.
- Cook the noodles for 45 seconds in boiling water. Perferably in a noodle sieve in order to take out the noodles in a fast manner. it is a matter of seconds to get the noodles perfectly cooked. Let them drip and and put the nooldes in the bowls with the stock.
- Heat the oil up to approximately 130 C. Add the gralic and leave it for 10 min. the garlic will become soft and glassy at first but than brown/ goldbrown
- Take the pan from the fire and add sesameoil, Chilibeans paste, sesame paste and rice vinegar.
- Add the sesame seeds and stir till it is a thick paste.
- Scoop a little stock in each one of the bowls and stir 2 table spoons of the garlic paste in each one of them. Add more stock afterwards.
- Divide the chicken in small pieces and warm them up in a pan with the chili oil.
- Pre heat a flrying pan or wok till the pan is hot. Bake the taugé on a hing pitch so they will gain good colour. It is oke if the burn just a little. Put the tauge in a bowl.
- Garnish with chicken, taugem spring union, coriander, halved eggs and sesame seed.
Prep time: 1 hours
Spicy Garlic Ramen:
- 1,8 l chickenbouillon
- 4 servings ramennoodles
Spicy Garlic Paste:
- 100 ml oil
- 6 Galic gloves, finely grated
- 50 ml sesamolol
- 3 tbsp fermented chili bean paste (toban jiang)
- 2 tbsp Japanese sesampaste (neri goma) or tahin
- 1,5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp roasted sesame
- 3 tbsp chilioil
- 120 g fresh taugé
- 300 g cooked chicken
- 6 spring unions, finely chopped
- 6-7 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 softly cooked eggs
- 4 tbsp roasted black sesameseed, jacked